Sharing Good Practice
At FETN we believe in learning and improving by working together. To fulfil this aim we provide opportunities to share good practice through:
- Online Webinars
- Regional Meetings
- National Learning & Development Events
- The FETN Annual Conference (Early Bird tickets currently available)
We have successfully guided a number of organisations through an array of tutorial improvements. We have worked with colleges whilst in special measures to overcome their challenges and provided a range of services to merging colleges to create a cohesive purpose and structure to their tutorial provision.
At FETN our colleagues possess a breadth of expertise that enables us to confidently provide a range of consultancy and support services including:
- Preparation for inspection and post-inspection planning
- Quality audits including tutorial curriculum and individual reviews
- Tutorial restructure, re-design and policy development
- Bespoke training and development
- Management coaching for professional progression and improved performance
Training & Development
FETN provides a range of training solutions to improve tutoring skills and the quality of tutorial provision including:
- External Training Events
- Distance Learning
- On-line Training
- Bespoke In-house Training
We are also happy to provide guidance and support to help you develop your own training workshops.
We are pleased to provide in-house training on a range of tutorial subjects. Some of our most popular themes are:
- Developing tutoring skills
- Effective 1-1 reviews and target setting
- How to design effective tutorial curriculum
- Strategies to support learners to achieve and progress
We are also aware that sometimes you need to help your staff improve a specific area of practice or enhance their skills set. Our solution here is to work with you to design bespoke training that meets your organisation’s particular needs.
To enquire about our in-house training please contact us
The ‘How to be an Outstanding Tutor’ distance learning is a comprehensive self-development training pack for individuals wishing to further develop their tutoring skills and knowledge. It is suitable for anyone in the Further Education and Training sector who undertakes a tutoring role.
The training meets the needs of both new and experienced tutors and serves to embed the National Occupational Standards for Personal Tutoring into every day practice.
Research and Development
FETN undertakes its own national research and supports other relevant projects in pursuit of tutorial excellence. For research reports and current research activities please visit the Tutorial Research and Development page