The Further Education Tutorial Network (FETN) is a not-for-profit organisation passionate about improving learner retention, achievement and success through outstanding tutorial, enrichment and wider skills development.
At FETN we recognise and understand the challenges faced by the Further Education and Training sector and the impact this has on tutorial provision.
To provide valuable support and development for managers and practitioners of tutorial provision across the UK Further Education and Training sector.
To employ our successful reputation as the UK’s leading professional body for tutorial provision to raise the profile of tutoring professionals and provide national recognition for tutorial excellence.
We aim to:
- Support the sector on its journey towards excellence
- Provide a community of practice solely focussed on those providing tutorial provision
- Promote and develop individual professionalism
- Recognise individual and organisational achievement within tutorial provision
- Pro-active: We lead on national tutorial developments which are informed by our analysis of the sector landscape
- Collaborative: We collaborate closely with individual members and organisations to create a supportive community of practice
- Expert: We provide reliable, evidence based guidance and support resulting in positive impact
- Trustworthy: We act openly, honestly and with integrity
- Authentic: We possess a genuine passion for developing outstanding tutorial provision and for supporting others in this endeavour