Ascentis Level 3 Certificate in Personal Tutoring: candidate resource
Ascentis endorses the Further Education Tutorial Networks’ (FETN) learning resource to support the preparation of learners for assessment of the Ascentis Level 3 Certificate in Personal Tutoring qualification (601/3715/0).
The Ascentis Level 3 Certificate in Personal Tutoring provides training and accredited professional development opportunities for those in, or intending to be in, the personal tutoring role within an FE college, Community Learning and Skills Centre or Independent Learning Provider. The qualification is appropriate for Personal Tutors, Learning Coaches, Progress Coaches and Learning Mentors and is SFA funded.
The qualification provides an introduction to the personal tutoring role and explores the tasks and responsibilities associated with it including:
- Planning, preparing and facilitating individual learner reviews
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating learners’ progress and achievement
- Facilitating learners’ personal, social and employability skills and development
- Identifying and addressing a range of learner support needs
- Preparing learners for progression into work or further study.
Click here to download a copy of the specification for the Ascentis Level 3 Certificate in Personal Tutoring qualification (601/3715/0).
The Candidate Resource
The candidate resource is designed to enable individuals to work at their own pace gathering evidence of their learning and skills from their own tutoring practice. It contains 130 pages of essential course content, self-assessment exercises and the formal end of unit assessment. Learners are encouraged to reflect on aspects of their own tutoring practice and identify areas for improvement and development.
You can download a sample of the candidate resource on this page
Benefits of the Candidate Resource
- Professional, cohesive and cost effective way to deliver the Ascentis Level 3 Certificate in Personal Tutoring
- Supports teachers and trainers to improves tutors’ knowledge, skills and confidence in their tutoring role
- Ensures teachers and trainers embed the National Occupational Standards for Personal Tutoring into their course delivery
- Written by Dr. Sally Wootton originating author of the National Occupational Standards for Personal Tutoring, Founder of FETN and member of the Expert Panel for Professional Standards and Workforce Development with the Education and Training Foundation.
How to purchase
This candidate resource is available as a PDF document for you to print as required. Every pack will be assigned a portfolio number for each individual undertaking the qualification.
Resource No: 1401 Title: Level 3 Certificate in Personal Tutoring: candidate resource
FETN Members: £35 for each individual pack
Non-Members: £45 for each individual pack
Once your order has been received we will send you a copy of the training pack together with your assigned portfolio numbers.