FETN provides access to a range of training solutions to improve tutoring skills and the quality of provision across the Further Education and Training sector through:
- National Training Events
- Distance Learning Training Packs
- On-line Training
- Bespoke In-house Training
We are also happy to provide guidance and support to help you develop your own training workshops.
On-line Personal Tutor Training
The FETN Online Tutor Training enables you to ensure that all your tutors receive essential training to improve the quality of tutoring across the organisation. This simple and cost effective training is designed to:
- Reflect the new National Occupational Standards for Personal Tutoring
- Meet the needs of both new and experienced personal tutors
- Enable individuals to complete the training at their own pace
- Provide valuable evidence of relevant CPD and feedback to support appraisal
Click here for more information and to access a short demonstration of the on-line training
Distance Learning Training Pack
FETN has developed a comprehensive tutor training pack for individuals undertaking a personal tutoring, mentoring or coaching role supporting learners within the Further Education and Training Sector.
The training offers a professional, cohesive and cost effective way to improve the quality of tutorial provision across the organisation. It has been designed to embed the requirements of the National Occupational Standards for Personal Tutoring whilst meeting the needs of both new and experienced tutors.
Click here for more information about the Personal Tutor Training Pack: How to be an Outstanding Tutor
Bespoke in-house training:
This training is designed to meet your organisation’s specific professional development needs. We can provide training on a range of tutorial related subjects, the most popular themes being:
- Developing tutoring skills
- Effective 1-1 reviews and target setting
- How to design effective tutorial curriculum
- Strategies to support learners to achieve and progress
We are also happy to provide guidance and support to help you develop your own training.
To enquire about in-house training or any of the training resources please contact FETN