The FETN Annual Conference provides a unique opportunity for managers and practitioners across the sector to meet in a friendly, informal setting. Come and network with colleagues and sector experts, to hear about the latest developments and share ideas in the pursuit of excellence.
The workshops offer a range of themes that support the development and improvement of tutorial, support and learner development in Further Education, Higher Education and Work Based Learning.
Keynote ‘Getting Technical: what this means when working with our students’ presented by Gary Phillips, Head of Workforce Development at the Education & Training Foundation This informative presentation will provide an opportunity to consider the impact of the Technical Education reforms on how we support and develop our learners in readiness for life and work, and to explore how we can prepare for the new challenges that T Levels will bring.
Workshop themes include:
- Enabling learners to develop good mental health
- Quality reviews as a strategy to improve tutorials
- Developing learners skills to keep themselves safe from Radicalisation & extremism
- Effective learning support for apprentices
- Achieving ‘Outstanding’ in PDBW
- ‘A personal tutorial system developed by staff and students: Case Study’ More workshop themes will be added shortly
This event is designed to meet the needs of:
- Personal Tutors, Learning Mentors, Progress Coaches
- Teachers with responsibility for learner support and progress
- Work-based learning tutors and assessors
- Teacher trainers
- Managers with responsibility for effective delivery of tutorial, support & wider skills development
The content and application is relevant to:
- Further Education
- Higher Education
- Sixth Form Colleges
- Adult and Community Education
- Work Based Learning & Apprenticeships
Previous Delegate Testimonials:
“This has been the most useful conference I have been to in a very long time”
“Great conference, every time I attend I feel even more passionate & motivated about tutorial”
“First time at the conference, great variety of speakers, smoothly operated, well presented and a great use of time”
“Always such a fabulous day full of new ideas to explore, worth every penny, great networking opportunities”
How to Book: To reserve a place please complete the Booking Form. The Event Code is AC2018 and you will need a Purchase Order number to complete the form.
Early Bird Delegate Fee: FETN Members £175 Non-members £210 Standard Delegate Fee: FETN Members £195 Non-members £225
*Early Bird Discounts are available until 31st July 2018. To claim your discount enter the Discount Code EB2018. Please note terms & conditions apply (see booking form)
N.B: All programme details are correct at the time of publication but may be subject to alteration at the organiser’s discretion.