The FETN Annual Conference provides a unique opportunity for managers and practitioners across the sector to discuss a range of topics, hear about the latest developments in tutorial provision and share ideas in the pursuit of excellence.
As with many other national activities, the impact of COVID-19 has encouraged us to look at how we can bring this highly valued event to you in a safe and worthwhile manner. To this end we are inviting you to join me, network with colleagues and sector experts in our first Live Virtual Annual Conference.
You will have the same number of workshops to choose from as in previous years and will receive a recording of all the workshops and keynote presentations. The presentations offer a range of themes pertinent to the new Education Inspection Framework, and improvement of tutorial, support and learner development in Further Education, Higher Education and Work Based Learning.
We are delighted to announce that Toby Perkins, MP for Chesterfield will share his perspective as Shadow Minister for Apprenticeships & Lifelong Learning on the challenges of COVID-19 for the Further Education Sector and how best to move forward.
‘Challenges of COVID-19 Recovery for Tutorial Provision’ presented by Beej Kaczmarczyk, Director of eMemoir & the White Rose College of Beauty, and highly respected trainer & consultant. In this presentation we will consider the impact of COVID-19 on the Sector and how those responsible for tutorial provision can respond to the challenges it brings.
Quality Assurance and Improvement of Tutorial Provision in the New Inspection Environment, presented by Ryhs Davies. Rhys is a highly experienced senior manager, consultant and trainer in the Further Education and Skills Sector and has extensive inspection experience. Rhys will explore how effective tutorial provision can support the wider development of the learner and how tutors can improve their own practice so as to cover the emphases of current approaches to quality assurance.
Presentation of the FETN Outstanding Personal Tutor Award sponsored by eSafe Global. To nominate a colleague visit the Award Page for more details
Conference Workshops Include:
- ‘Discover Your Future Self‘ a comprehensive learner development programme
- Young Men’s experiences of domestic violence and their barriers to help-seeking
- Improving student engagement and learning in remote group tutorials
- Our journey to achieving the FETN Quality Award for Supporting Individual Learning and Development
- The ‘Aspire Programme’ a framework to support students’ personal and wider skills development
- Mentoring students through COVID-19 and beyond
- Monitoring the digital environment for the early detection of safeguarding risks & the promotion of positive outcomes for young people
- Funding Tutorial and Enrichment in the post COVID-19 world
This event is designed to meet the needs of:
- Personal Tutors, Learning Mentors, Progress Coaches
- Teachers with responsibility for learner support and progress
- Work-based learning tutors and assessors
- Teacher trainers
- Managers with responsibility for effective delivery of tutorial, support & wider skills development
“This has been the most useful conference I have been to in a very long time”
“Great conference, every time I attend I feel even more passionate & motivated about tutorial”
“First time at the conference, great variety of speakers, smoothly operated, well presented and a great use of time”
“Always such a fabulous day full of new ideas to explore, worth every penny, great networking opportunities”
How to Book: To reserve a place please complete the Booking Form. The Event Code is AC2020
How you can pay: You can now pay by debit or credit card, simply contact us on 0780 058 5595. If you prefer we can invoice you provided you enter a Purchase Order Number in the booking form. N:B Invoice terms are strictly 28 days.
Delegate Fee: This year you can join the conference live online for £95 (FETN Members) or £125 (Non-members) You will also receive access to all recordings of the keynote presentations and workshops providing exceptional value.
If you are not a member of FETN at the moment you can join for as little as £95 to save on this plus other events and resources Join FETN